About Recreation Program/Activities
Programs and activities vary and are subject to change. Please contact your nearest Tohono O’odham Nation Recreation Center for more information
- After School Program – Open to students grades K-5th. Activities consist of homework assistance, physical activities, arts and crafts, field trips and promoting O’odham Himdag, as well as many other diverse cultures.
- Teen Program – Teen programs are geared toward youth grades 6th-12th; Activities consist of team building, community involvement, educational workshops, life skills training, field trips and physical activity.
- Senior Programs – Activities include scrap booking, puzzles, board games, arts and crafts, movies, bingo, social and physical wellness.
- Sports Leagues – Sports Leagues include but are not limited to (Youth/Adult/Senior): 1. Basketball 2. Flag Football 3. Baseball/Softball 4. Volleyball 5. Traditional Games (Leagues typically run 6-8 weeks.)
- Aquatic Programs – Recreation will utilize their swimming pools for lap swim, open swim and special pool events. Activities are supervised by certifies lifeguards.
- Arts & Crafts/Leisure Classes – Arts and Crafts/Leisure classes will consist of but not limited to: dance/Zumba, ceramics, painting, wood burning, glass etching, beading, scrapbooking, basket weaving, kaskalon/flower/rag doll/wreath making.
- Field Trips – Program participants will be able to experience social outings such as professional sporting events, Disney on Ice, Pumpkin Patch, Old Tucson’s Nightfall, Renaissance Festival, amusement parks, etc.
Community/Family Socials-Recreation will host monthly socials such as movie nights, snow cones, popcorn, nachos, ice cream, fresh fruit, menudo nights, coffee, hot cocoa and bingo.
- Annual Events – 1. Back to School Rally 2. Community Halloween Carnival 3. Community Thanksgiving Dinners 4. Winter Night Extravaganza 5. Christmas Activities 6. Rodeo and Fair/Tournaments, etc. 7. Easter Activities 8. Summer Kick Off 9. Elder’s Program Valentine Party
- Fitness Activities – Fitness activities promote physical health as well as social well-being. Activities include but are not limited to: Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball, Kickball, Dodgeball and Traditional Games.
- Adult Fitness – These activities are conducted by the Healthy O’odham Promotion Program (HOPP) as well as the Recreation Division. HOPP adult fitness activities consist of but not limited to: aerobics, step program, weight training, and running programs. Recreation Division adult fitness activities consist of but not limited to: Volleyball, Basketball, and Softball.
*Persons attending and participating in “Recreation Programs/Activities” assume all risk, including but not limited to illness, injury, death, or property loss, and agree not to hold the Tohono O’odham Nation, its agent, event sponsors, and volunteers liable.