HEALTHY O’ODHAM PROMOTION PROGRAM
Respecting our culture and traditions by empowering Tohono O’odham to live healthy lives through providing diabetes and nutrition education, physical activity, community outreach and healthy environments.
Healthy O’odham communities for today, tomorrow and generations to come.
The Healthy O’odham Promotion Program (HOPP) is funded by the Indian Health Service Division of Diabetes Treatment and Prevention (DDTP), Special Diabetes Program for Indians (SDPI) grant which is funded through Congressional Legislation. The primary goal of HOPP is to raise awareness of the risks of diabetes, increase identification of those at risk or undiagnosed and provide early diabetes education and treatment with all tribal members.
HOPP provides Diabetes-related education services through the HOPP Wellness Centers located in:
- Gu Vo Wellness Center -520.362.2496
- HOPP @ Hickiwan Wellness Center-520.362.3702
- North Komelik Wellness Center-520.361.2732
- Pisinemo Wellness Center-520.362.2492
- Santa Rosa Wellness Center-520.361.2733
- San Miguel Wellness Center-520.383.6281
- Schuk Toak Wellness Center-520.383.6681
- HOPP @ San Xavier Recreation Center-520.807.1115
- HOPP @ Sells Recreation Center-520.383.1260