CHILD WELFARE DIVISION
Hear it, see it, report it….
- ICWA Case Management – The ICWA receives referrals and State notifications through the Tohono O’odham Office of the Attorney General on O’odham children who are taken into custody by courts in other jurisdictions.
- Child Welfare CPS – CPS receives reports; facilitate investigations When parents or caretakers are unable to care of their children. Services are facilitated to insure children’s safety.
- Family Preservation – The Family Preservation Program provides a highly structured and culturally sensitive program within a family-style setting, to assist families to develop interpersonal and family skills to prevent family break-ups, to foster the well-being and achievement of each family member’s highest potential, and to secure the safety and stability of life for children.
- Children’s Home Program – The Children’s Home program provides residential placement for children in the custody of the Department of Health and Human Services pursuant to tribal court order and for emergency placement.
- Foster Care Program – The Foster Care program recruits individuals and families to become tribally licensed foster care providers. Accepting applications, conducting interviews, conducting home studies, facilitating back ground checks, facilitating environmental surveys, and making final recommendations.
Child Welfare Division
Office: (520) 383-6100
Alberta Ray, Program Manager Senior