The Human Resources Office for the Tohono O’odham Nation’s (Nation) Executive Branch recruits, employs, and retains a work force consisting of members of the Tohono O’odham Nation and all its surrounding counties. Equal employment opportunity and Indian Preference is exercised in accordance to the Personnel Policies. The Human Resources Office processes employment applications to meet the employment demands of an expanding tribal governmental workforce that provides services to its members and the public.
Along with exceptional pay, the Nation offers a comprehensive benefits package. These benefits are effective on the first of the month following thirty days of employment.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Group Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life for Dependents
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k)/including employee/employer-contribution options.
- Career Development:
- Up to eight paid hours is provided for eligible work-related or career development courses.
- Personal Benefits:
- Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual begins upon the first day of employment.
- The Nation observes thirteen holidays.
Applying for Positions
Upload the following documents (only complete applications will be reviewed)
- Position List form-ONLY pertains to paper applications
- Tohono O’odham Nation, Executive Branch Employment Application
- If claiming Indian Preference, submit a copy of your Tribal Enrollment Card
- Current Resume
- Copy of High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (you may submit an associates degree or higher in lieu of your High School Diploma or General Education Diploma)
- Copy of unofficial college transcripts, diplomas and/or certifications may be submitted to determine education and experience.
* If you require a paper application or have issues with the on-line application, please contact the Human Resources Office at (520)383-6540.
Mail your employment packet to the, Tohono O’odham Nation, Human Resources Office, P.O. BOX 837, Sells, AZ 85634
Applications and supporting documents become the property of the Tohono O’odham Nation and are valid for six months.
Tohono O’odham Nation is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
The Employment Application Process
The application will be reviewed to ensure all required documents are included in your packet. The application packet is screened based on the position’s minimum qualifications.
If you do not qualify you will be notified. If you qualify for the position applied for, your application will be forwarded to Employment Section for review by the hiring department. Interviews are scheduled based on the hiring department’s request.
For further information or if you have any questions, contact Human Resources Office at:
- 520-383-6540 (Main)
- 520-383-4676 (Fax)
Tohono O’odham Nation is an Alcohol/Drug Free Work Place