The program provides services for all clients with active tuberculosis (TB), latent TB Infection, and convertors from latent to active as well as performs contact investigations and tuberculosis education on transmission, symptoms, and treatment. There is a Program Supervisor, which oversees and maintains the program (no vacancies).
- Performs TB investigations when notified of suspect cases
- Performs Education on transmission, symptoms, and treatment
- Performs directly observed therapy (DOT) of active TB patients to ensure adherence to treatment.
- Treatments is often nine (9) months or longer
- Participates actively in TB staff and patient clinics at San Xavier nd Sells Clinic / Hospital
- Tohono O’odham Nation Health Care (TONHC)
- Pima County Health Department
- Pinal County Health Department
- Arizona Department of Health Services
- Archie Hendricks Senior Skilled Nursing Facility