Maternal Child Health (MCH)/Car Seat Program
The purpose of the program is to promote and encourage breastfeeding for all prenatal and post-partum women. As well as Educating Parents and Families regarding child safety seats.
To see more Mothers Breastfeeding and to see more of O’odham people using Car Seats and Seat Belts. To continue atteding trainings, meetings and continue making breastfeeding home visits as well as making follw-up phone calls to clients.
On a monthly basis acquire a list of prenatal women from Tohono O’odham Nation Health Care (TONHC) and the WIC program and follow-up by calling and making home visits witht the patient to inform them of breastfeeding services available. Determine how many and which prenatal women will breastfeed. Follow-up with phone calls and home visits to post-partum women to provide assistance and information on breastfeeding their children.
Also collaborates with Tohono O’odham Nation Health Care (TONHC), as well as WIC Inter-Tribal Council of Arizona for breastfeeding Lead meetings.
- Breastfeeding visits and Counseling Services
- Family Planning Counseling
- Home Visits – Problem Solving
- Clinic / Hospital Visits
- Delivery Electric / Manual Breast Pumps
- Phone Calls
- Car Seat Education and Distribution
- Car Seat / Seat Belt Surveys
Training and Meetings
- STOP Coalition Meetings
- Breastfeeding Circle Meeting with WIC Prenatal on Quarterly Basis
- Family Spirit Program as a Health Educator
- LATCH Az. Training one a year
- Attend Participant Centered Services (PCS) one a month with WIC